Performance Level 1 – 4 sessions per week (6 hours)
Swimmers will usually join this squad from Guy Squad when they are 9 or 10yrs old and will have either achieved or show potential to achieve county qualifying times. The work is similar to that in Guy Squad but more demanding.
- Two main training cycles
- 1st cycle to end of county championships
- 2nd cycle to end of season meet
- Skills & technique continue
- Aerobic conditioning
- Basic speed (short sprints)
Swimmers on the Performance Pathway are expected to compete regularly in open meets and to represent the club when selected. If a swimmer in the performance squads qualifies for County, Regional or National competition they are expected to compete in these (except in exceptional circumstances).
- October – County Winter Competition if qualifying times met
- December – Club Championships
- January – Sussex County Relay Gala by invitation
- February – Sussex County Championships if qualifying times met
- May – South East Regional Championships if qualifying times met
- July – Sibyl Tarvis Age Group Sprint Gala (STAG)
- July/Aug – Nationals & British Championships by invitation based on national rankings
- Level 1, 2 & 3 open meets from our calendar , including our 3 home open meets in Sep/Jan/April, aiming for an average of one per month
- Arena League by invitation (always the 2nd Saturdays in Oct/Nov/Dec)
- Sussex League by invitation (3 galas usually held between March & July)
Refer to our Coaching Team page for details of Squad coach & Lane Coaches
If you are interested in joining the club please contact us.