Saturday saw our Annual Awards Evening held at Arundel Cricket Club. This is where we celebrate last season, award our annual trophies and announce our club captains for the new season. Not forgetting of course the lovely buffet and plenty of dancing!
On arrival a slide show of over 1000 photos from last season was running. Once everyone had arrived and settled down with their food the Head Coach slide show review of the 2018-19 season was played, followed by the masters slide show.
Then came the formal presentations. This years Annual Award Winners were:
- Top Club Swimmer (10th Anniversary Trophy) – Joe Greaves
- Senior Swimmer of the Year – Georgie Howell
- Junior Swimmer of the Year – Ella Thornburg
- Whipps Trophies – Ollie Harvey & Tegan Prior
- Instructors Trophies – Archie Strowger & Lewis Jones
- 21st Anniversary Trophy – Freya Maynard
- 30th Anniversary Cup – Annie-Rose Burton
- Sibyl Tarvis Trophy – Heidi Cameron
- Partnership Trophy – Bernie Condron
Following an elction on Friday, with 7 very good candidates, our new Club Captains were announced:
Finally, earlier, at our AGM in July the new annual Dr Donald Plimsoll King Cup and Award was presented.
This new trophy, courtesy of the family of Dr Donald Plimsoll King and in his memory, is given to a swimmer who has over a number of years trained and competed with the club alongside maintaining high levels of academic commitment and performance. This is normally awarded to swimmers in School Years 11 or 13 (post A levels or equivalent) and includes a small financial award to be used towards their next phase of education or training (Sixth Form, University, Apprentice Scheme or similar).
Our first very deserving winner was Jessie Brown.
Congratulations to all our winners!