Performance Level 3 – 7 sessions per week (12.5 hours), plus land (1 hour)
This is a youth level performance squad. Swimmers will move to this squad when the Head Coach feels they are physically and physiologically ready for the demands of this level, and the swimmer indicates they are ready to commit to the additional sessions. They will be at least 13/14 years old and be at least at county level, aiming for regional and above.
- Three main training cycles
- 1st cycle to Christmas
- 2nd cycle to end of National Qualifying window / Regional championships
- 3rd cycle to Nationals / end of season meet
- All training zones
Swimmers on the Performance Pathway are expected to compete regularly in open meets and to represent the club when selected. If a swimmer in the performance squads qualifies for County, Regional or National competition they are expected to compete in these (except in exceptional circumstances).
- October – County Winter Competition if qualifying times met
- December – Club Championships
- January – Sussex County Relay Gala by invitation
- February – Sussex County Championships if qualifying times met
- May – South East Regional Championships if qualifying times met
- July – Sibyl Tarvis Age Group Sprint Gala (STAG)
- July/Aug – Nationals & British Championships by invitation based on national rankings
- Level 1, 2 & 3 open meets from our calendar , including our 3 home open meets in Sep/Jan/April, aiming for an average of one per month
- Arena League by invitation (always the 2nd Saturdays in Oct/Nov/Dec)
- Sussex League by invitation (3 galas usually held between March & July)
Refer to our Coaching Team page for details of Squad coach & Lane Coaches
If you are interested in joining the club please contact us.