Junior Skills Development 1 – 3 sessions per week (3.5 hours)
Swimmers move to this squad when they have mastered basic skills such as streamlining, plunge dives, are able to swim 200m front crawl and backstroke without stopping, can do dolphin kick and basic breaststroke. They will usually be 8-11 years old. Technique and skills development continues to form a large part of the swimming in this squad, alongside more aerobic endurance and basic speed. They will start their ASA Competitive Start Awards in this squad with the aim of achieving the Preliminary award.
- Six week rolling programme
- Skills & technique based
- Aerobic conditioning
- Basic speed (short sprints)
- December – Club Championships
- February/March – Novice Gala (this is a teaching gala)
- July – Sibyl Tarvis Gala, known as STAG (sprints only)
- Level 3 open meets when they are age 9 years – our 3 home open meets in Sep/Jan/April, plus maybe one or two others from our calendar
- Friendly team galas by invitation
Refer to our Coaching Team page for details of Squad coach & Lane Coaches
If you are interested in joining the club please contact us.