Performance Level 1 – 4 sessions per week (6 hours)
Swimmers will usually join this squad from Guy Squad when they are 9 or 10yrs old and will have either achieved or show potential to achieve county qualifying times. The work is similar to that in Guy Squad but more demanding. As such the expectations of the swimmers are higher than the main club squads:
- Excellent attitude and training ethic.
- Expected to carry out all skills and technique to a high standard every time.
- Willing to commit to attending the majority of their squad sessions.
- Expected to compete regularly in open meets on the Club programme.
- Must compete in all events for which they have qualified at County, Regional and National level (or if too many events qualified for those events agreed with the head coach).
- Expected to swim for the Club in Arena League, Sussex League and the Sussex County Relay Championships when selected.
Note: swimmers may move onto or off the performance pathway at any time by agreement with the Head Coach (subject to available spaces)
- Two main training cycles
- 1st cycle to end of county championships
- 2nd cycle to end of season meet
- Skills & technique continue
- Aerobic conditioning
- Basic speed (short sprints)
Swimmers on the Performance Pathway are expected to compete regularly in open meets and to represent the club when selected. If a swimmer in the performance squads qualifies for County, Regional or National competition they are expected to compete in these (except in exceptional circumstances).
- October – County Winter Competition if qualifying times met
- December – Club Championships
- January – Sussex County Relay Gala by invitation
- February – Sussex County Championships if qualifying times met
- May – South East Regional Championships if qualifying times met
- July – Sibyl Tarvis Gala, knwon as STAG (sprints only)
- Level 1, 2 & 3 open meets from our calendar , including our 3 home open meets in Sep/Jan/April, aiming for an average of one per month
- Arena League by invitation (always the 2nd Saturdays in Oct/Nov/Dec)
- Sussex League by invitation (3 galas usually held between March & July)
Refer to our Coaching Team page for details of Squad coach & Lane Coaches
If you are interested in joining the club please contact us.