That was fantastic day of swimming yesterday. We saw good improvements at all levels and amazing team support. As a club we finished 7th overall, with four teams claiming Bronze medals – a very pleasing result.
Congratulations to our Bronze medallists:
- Girls 12-13yrs 4×50 medley – Ella Napier, Becky Smith, Ella Thornburg, Kitty Hogg
- Mens Open Championship – 4×100 medley Sam Munro, Tom Hogg, Will Jagger, Will Le Merle
- Boys Junior Championship Boys 4×50 medley – Will Le Merle, Tom Hogg, Ollie Iden, Archie Strowger
- Boys Junior Championship 4×50 free – Tom Hogg, Ed Clark, Archie Strowger, Ollie Iden
And to our other teams who made finals:
- Girls 12-13yrs 4×50 free – Ella Napier, Kitty Hogg, Becky Smith, Ella Thornburg (6th)
- Mens Open Championship – 4×100 free Sam Munro, Will Le Merle, Tom Hogg, Will Jagger (5th)
- Boys 10-11yrs 4×50 medley – Edward Condron, Sammy Smith, Ashton Netherwood, Oliver Napier (7th)
- Boys 10-11yrs 4×50 free – Edward Condron, Sammy Smith, Oliver Napier, Ashton Netherwood (7th)
Special mention must go to William Le Merle who raced in the 1500m freestyle (County Long Distance) the night before and then swam 7 races at the relays, including the 100 free four times in 57 seconds! And to Ella Napier and Ella Thornburg who also swam in the 1500m free and swam 6 races each!
Thank you as always to our wonderful helpers – to those who officiated, to coach Helen and to our team managers Kerry and Tina