Hi All,We are approaching a very busy gala season so I thought I would just give some guidance as to which your child should enter. Dates for all these meets are on our website calendar.
- County Championships – all qualifying swimmers are in performance squads and as such are expected to enter. If swimmers have qualified for a large number of events and do not wish to do them all they should come and discuss their entry with me, otherwise all events qualified for should be entered. Information has already been emailed to qualifying swimmers.
- Novice Gala – this is for swimmers of any age in Proud, O’Connor and Guy squads only. It is a teaching gala taking children through the gala procedure for each stroke. This includes demos from senior swimmers and is mainly run by senior swimmers. Information will be emailed out later this month.
- Southampton Level 3 Open Meet – This is aimed at swimmers age 9+ who have not qualified for the counties, but it is also a back up opportunity for those close to regional times to achieve those (bearing in mind that level 1 meets at this time are often oversubscribed). Information has already been emailed out about this.
- Littlehampton Level 3 Easter Meet – All club swimmers aged 9+ should aim to enter this meet – our next major fundraiser for our club. Information will be sent out nearer the time.
- Level 1 meets – Portsmouth Northsea Easter Festival and Guildford – These are for swimmers at or close to regional level. Swimmers who have qualified should enter. Both these meets are in the national qualifying window and may be oversubscribed.
- I have been asked about the Crawley Level 1 meet – this is the same weekend as our open meet which is why we did not put it in our competition programme this year. If any regional level swimmer wishes to enter this meet please come and see me to discuss. It does include the 800/1500m (on the Friday) and 400m events.In addition to these we have a couple more friendly team galas coming up and then the Sussex League Galas. Invites will be sent out to selected swimmers for these as usual.Any questions please do ask.Kind Regards,SueSue Cameron
Littlehampton Swimming Club
- About LSC
- Internal Club Galas
- Open Meets
- Team Galas
- Competition Tips
- Competition FAQs
- Live Results
- Swim School