As you will know we are always looking for more help, to ensure we are not over reliant on current individuals. It’s important you get a chance to experience a variety of roles so you can help in a role you enjoy whilst someone experienced is around to guide and help you. If something you try is not for you – don’t worry there are plenty of options on or off the poolside where you can help so please say and try something else.
We really can’t continue to do all we do now if new individuals do not step forward to help with the below. We are a year away from a new pool in Littlehampton and we need to know we have the support in place to make the most of this and other opportunities this may provide for our swimmers.
We always require individuals willing to step forward to regularly in the following roles:
- Officials Become qualified and officiate at meets, a.k.a. the White Shirts
- Blue Shirts Help at our meets with results, drinks or other roles
- Lane Help or even become a qualified Swim Coach
- Team Manager Look after our swimmers poolside at galas
- Gala Reporter Update social media and provide photos and a write up for the website
We currently have vacancies and /or need urgent help with the following:
- Trophy, Medals and Badges Secretary Help us ensure we always have stock of medals and badges and ensure these are available at the right time.
- Social Organiser Our kids (and adults) sometimes need some away from the pool. It might be a night out at a Trampoline park (not just before a big gala though!), our Annual Awards or a summer BBQ, family games and swim at the Lido – in anycase we need someone who can help develop ideas, make bookings and organise us to be there on time!
- Workforce Co-ordinator Help ensure for each gala we host that we have the workforce in place that allows us to continue to maintain the reputation we have for fun, safe and efficient galas (with some fast swimming).
- Internal Gala Secretary Help for our Novice, Club Champs and STAG galas ensure everything is in place to make these great galas for all swimmers in the club.
- Swim Shop and Help Desk Help us maintain a poolside presence for gala entries, new and lost kit and questions about the club on a Tuesday and Friday night.
- Grants and Fundraising Keep informed about grant opportunities and help complete applications for special projects and events. Ensure we have a pipeline of things such as raffle prizes for our club galas.
It’s Not for Me…
IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE CLUB OVER 6 MONTHS AND ARE NOT CURRENTLY REGULARLY OFFICIATING AND TRAINING AS A J1T, LANE HELPING / COACHING OR ON THE COMMITTEE THIS IS AIMED AT YOU!
Not all these roles require you to be poolside every week / session. Some roles can be done only in your time at the pool.
Stop by the helpdesk, speak to Tim or Sue or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
None have to be Committee Roles but we’d welcome a discussion with anyone who may be interested in one of these roles as a Committee Position and make you an active part of driving the club and swimming in Littlehampton and the local area forward.
Finally I’d like to really thank some individuals who came and recently offered help last time I or Fraser formally asked – without their help our situation would already be critical:
• James Harris (Social Media)
• Steve Dobson (J1T and Press Articles)
• Maria Prior (Press)
• Darren Prior (Meet Manager)
• Dan Le Merle (Coach)
• Mel Macallum (Lane Help and Schools Liaison)
• Jacqui Brockwell (Helpdesk)
• Sarah Lees (Lane Help)
• Hannah Paveley (Lane Help)