Last weekend was a busy one all round for our swimmers!
First up on the Saturday were our Regional Age Group swimmers Ella Thornburg and Becky Smith. Ella came 24th in the 100 free, whilst Becky stormed her 200 breast in a time of 3:02.22 to finish 10th, from 24th seed, and 2nd reserve for the finals!
Ella Napier swam a good 100 breast on the Sunday and Ella T reached the 50 fly final to finish 5th, one place higher than her heat, in a time of 31.02. Ella then went on to finish the day with a strong swim in the 400 IM, finishing 19th.
Excitingly, Ella T has heard this week that she has qualified for the Swim England Summer Nationals in the 100 fly following her superb final swim 2 weeks ago!
Sunday was a busy day for our swimmers at the Bognor Swimming Club Vanessa Knight Memorial Meet, with 29 attending. There were plenty of PBs, notably some good ones in the 100 IM.
Medals were awarded based on A, B and C graded times:
- Stephen Redman 50 back B grade Gold (3rd overall); 50 fly A grade Gold (overall winner); 200 free & 100 IM C grade Silver (2nd overall in both)
- Emily Carman 100 breast C grade Silver; 50 back C grade Gold
- Holly Brockwell 50 fly (3rd overall) & 50 back B grade Silver
- Edward Condron 50 free B grade Bronze; 50 back B grade Gold (3rd overall)
- Henry Williams 50 free C grade Bronze – still only 9, so too young for county events, this was a county level time for a 10yr old!
- Max Williams 50 free C grade Gold
- Erin Humphries 50 breast C grade Gold; 50 fly C grade Silver
- Oliver Napier 50 back C grade Gold
- Abi Pendleton 50 fly B grade Silver (2nd overall); 100 IM C grade Bronze (3rd overall)
The club finished 10th out of 20 overall on points. Well done to every one of you and huge thanks to all our many lovely helpers – team managers, officials and helping to run the meet (announcing, AOE, etc).
Finally 3 of our members swam in the Iron Man at Westhampnett on Sunday and all won!
- Drew Gowland won the Iron Man overall
- Simon Hogg won the half Iron Man in his age group
- Tom Hogg, 15, won the Half Iron Man overall by over two minutes!
Congratulations to you all!