We had 14 teams compete in 28 events at the Sussex County Relay Championships last weekend, with the Junior Championship boys bringing home Bronze!
A fantastic well done to everyone who competed – many split times were faster than current PBs and of course this was great race practice before the County Championships! For the youth and top age group swimmers especially, this was on the back of a couple of weeks of very hard training and a heavy 2 hour long course session the night before! We finished a very respectable 8th overall.
Well done to the teams who made finals:
- Open Championship Girls 4×100 Medley (8th) – Madi Walker, Abby Smith, Jessie Brown, Jess Frayne
- Open Championship Boys 4×100 Medley (8th) – Sam Munro, Tom Hogg, Ollie Iden, Will Redwood
- 12-13yr Girls 4×50 Freestyle (8th) – Marissa Netherwood, Erin Humphries, Amelia Atterbury, Ella Thornburg
- Open Championship Girls 4×100 Freestyle (6th) – Madi Walker, Tyler Whitcombe, Jessie Brown, Jess Frayne
- Open Championship Boys 4×100 Freestyle (6th) – Sam Munro, Tom Hogg, Drew Gowland, Will Redwood
- 10-11yr Girls 4×50 Medley (5th) – Millie Iden, Catriona MacLeod, Holly Brockwell, Kitty Hogg
- Special congratulations to our Junior Championship Boys 4 x 50 Medley team – Bronze medal winners Will Le Merle, Tom Hogg, Ollie Iden and Will Clark who absolutely nailed their 4×50 medley relay final with an awesome race!
- 10-11yr Girls 4×50 Freestyle (5th) – Millie Iden, Catriona MacLeod, Holly Brockwell, Kitty Hogg
- Junior Championship Boys 4 x 50 Freestyle (5th) – Will Clark, Zac Evans,Ollie Iden,Tom Hogg
Thank you our coaches/team managers Helen Smith, Kerry Iden, Tamsin Netherwood, Ciara MacLeod and Denise Brown. Also to all our officials Mark Savill (referee), Mark Brown, Daren Pryke, Dan Le Merle and Heidi Cameron.