We travelled to Hastings for the second round of this year’s Sussex League for what proved to be a very tough gala!
Our swimmers all worked together, stepping up for last minute changes both before and during the gala due to injuries/illness, digging deep and producing some great PBs and no DQs! Some highlights were:
- Hats off to Ollie Napier and Ed Condron who both stepped in at a moments notice to unexpectedly swim a race and both swam brilliantly (that is the first time I have had a swimmer have a nosebleed as the referee is about to blow his whistle to start the race!)
- Ollie swam PBs in all 3 of his individual events
- Our younger girls Trinity & Rachel, who had stepped in to cover swimmers who could not attend, both swam PBs
- Joe Greaves, who also stepped in to cover absent swimmers, knocked 3 seconds off his 100 back!
- Matty Smith found himself unexpectedly swimming the 100 fly and did a 3.5s PB! In fact Matty amazingly swam PBs in all 4 of his individual events!
- Open swimmer Will Le Merle was on fire with PBs in all 3 of his individual events
- There were more PBs from Connor Boreham, Ed Clark, Daniel Fernandes, Fliss Harris, Ethan Lecuyer, Cian & Darragh McSporran, Ella Napier, Beck & Sammy Smith, Ella Thornburg & Max Williams
Congratulations to our individual winners:
- Jessie Brown 100 fly
- Ella Thornburg 50 free & 50 fly
Well done TEAM! And thank you to all who stepped in to cover!
Thank you to all our lovely helpers: Officials Helen Smith, Mark Brown, Denise Brown & Dean Williams; Team Managers Kerry Iden, Rachael McSporran & Ayshea Fever and coach Darren Prior.
We are against East Grinstead and Worthing in the final round on Saturday 8th June. East Grinstead are host, venue TBC.